Manipulate slow with ListContourPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116674] Manipulate slow with ListContourPlot
  • From: Francois Fayard <FFayard at slb.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 05:26:20 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I have some data that I want to plot. It is fast when I do :

k=1;
ListContourPlot[data[[k]]]

and then

k=2;
ListContourPlot[data[[k]]]

But when I want to "Manipulate" the k, and I do

Manipulate[ListContourPlot[data[[k]]],{k,1,2,1}]

it becomes very slow, both during the first evaluation and when I change the value of k. What is the reason for that ?

Best regards,
Francois