Simplification of equations

Hello,

I am trying to simplify an equation like

	E^(I y) x == 0

I would exspect

	Simplify[E^(I y) x == 0, Assumptions -> y > 0]

to work, but it doesn't. It needs explicitly

	Simplify[E^(I y) x == 0, Assumptions -> E^(I y) != 0]

which should be implied by the first version. Is there a better way?

Best regards
KUS