Re: Formatting a Cell Programmatically

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116771] Re: Formatting a Cell Programmatically
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 06:10:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi Robert,

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.

Gregory

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011, at 8:21 AM, Dr. Robert Kragler wrote:

> Hi Gregory,
>
> here is som code I did recently which shows roughly what you want :
>
>    CellPrint[Cell[ "text", <> ToString[expression], "Text", TextAlignment-> Center, CellFrame-> 2, CellFrameColor->Blue,FontSize->12, FontColor->Red]]
>
> This FrontEnd expression is incorporated within a module and gives as output (with "expression") a cell with a blue frame and red fonts of fontsize=12.
>
> Regards
>                Robert Kragler
>
> Am 25.02.2011 12:36, schrieb Gregory Lypny:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Is there a way to programmatically format an output cell so that even if it is deleted, it can be restored with its original format simply by execu=
ting the input cell again?  Suppose my input cell contains an expression to=
 create a table such as

>> 	Table[{x, Sqrt[x], x^3}, {x, 0, 100}]
>>
>> What functions would I wrap around that input so that the output cell ap=
pears with, say, a frame and a light brown background?  I've been messing a=
round Cell[...] and CellPrint[...] but all of the examples I've seen have t=
aken straight text as the argument and I haven't gotten anything to work wi=
th a computation.