Re: about the use of button

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115297] Re: about the use of button
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 04:07:26 -0500 (EST)

My hypothesis is that this is something caused by a change in Apple's Mail.app that must have occurred during one of the Snow Leopard updates. It does not seem to show when sending e-mails to anyone directly but it does cause problems when mail is posted to the MathGroup. It could, perhaps, be something to do with the use Unicode in posted messages, which the MathGroup server cannot deal with. My own messages started to suffer from repeated == signs and other problems around March 2010 but they are fine when I send them directly to myself or to other users.

All the above is just a tenuous hypothesis. Can anyone disprove it? (In other words, is there any one using the latest Mail.app and not seeing any of these problems?

Andrzej Kozlowski

[Note, we can try an experiment Andrzej.  Send me a test email with
various combinations of =, ==, etc in and out of Mathematica expressions.
We will see how they arrive and what they look like after I run my
various processing scripts on them to see where the extra ='s come
from if possible. --  Steve C.]