- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg115308] Astronomical question
- From: mokambo <alexandrepassosalmeida at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 04:09:30 -0500 (EST)
I want to write a program in Mathematica using AstronomicalData to be
able to trace the moon
from a given point (given coordinates) and a certain period of time.
1. I'm in a street in some city. I'm facing South. Will I see the moon
and how high is it at 10:00 PM GMT on Jan.7.11?
2. I'm in a street in some city. I'm facing SE. When will I see a full
moon from this location? At what time?
I want to be able to answer this sort of questions.
I have no knowledge of Astronomy besides common intuition about
eliptical orbits and such.
I want to learn by doing so any links to useful formulas or a general
template would be greatly appreciated.
Prev by Date:
Re: check if a square matrix is diagonal
Next by Date:
Re: Postfix and options
Previous by thread:
Re: Augmenting Mathematica documentation - a serious
Next by thread:
Re: Astronomical question