question on diophantine equations in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg115479] question on diophantine equations in Mathematica
  • From: Ivan Smirnov <ivan.e.smirnov at>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:25:26 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,
I've installed trial of Mathematica 8.
I would like to search for possible solutions of diophantine equation
How to do this efficiently?
FindInstance seems to be VERY slow! And indeed it doesn't always find every
solution of diophantine equations. For example I've tried it with
x^4+y^4+z^4=t^4 and it didn't find anything (but there are solutions!).
And Solve command just don't want to search! With some seconds it gives
During evaluation of In[1]:= Solve::svars: Equations may not give solutions
for all "solve" variables. >>
I will be very glad if someone make INDEED FAST algorithm for searching.