Re: FindInstance does not abort with TimeConstrained

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115493] Re: FindInstance does not abort with TimeConstrained
  • From: leongz <leongz86 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 04:09:21 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for everyone's replies. Indeed, the equations which I provided
have no root. I included the Chop + FullSimplify because that is when
FindInstance hangs and can only be aborted by killing the kernel.
After further investigation, I realize that this happens in version 8
but not in version 7, which returns the correct output (no solution)
instantly. Hence, I have reverted back to version 7 for the moment.

Nevertheless, could there possibly be a bug in version 8's
FindInstance? Thanks.