Re: FindInstance does not abort with TimeConstrained
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg115493] Re: FindInstance does not abort with TimeConstrained
- From: leongz <leongz86 at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 04:09:21 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Thanks for everyone's replies. Indeed, the equations which I provided have no root. I included the Chop + FullSimplify because that is when FindInstance hangs and can only be aborted by killing the kernel. After further investigation, I realize that this happens in version 8 but not in version 7, which returns the correct output (no solution) instantly. Hence, I have reverted back to version 7 for the moment. Nevertheless, could there possibly be a bug in version 8's FindInstance? Thanks.