Re: Units question

Ted,

That's because Mathematica does not know if the variable Meter is positive
or negative. You can using an Assuming[] formulation to tell Mathematica
that Meter is positive. Then, voila.

Assuming[
{Positive[Meter], Positive[Second]},
  Refine[(Sqrt[Meter^2/Second^2] Second)/Meter^2]
]

I think I wrote this once in the MathArchives already, too, so you can
check those.

Scot