Re: Units question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg115499] Re: Units question
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 03:24:04 -0500 (EST)

I have seen a number of responses that suggest the use of PowerExpand,
which I do myself. But shouldn't Mathematica know that Meter and all the
other units are Real? After all, these are in the Units package. Even
more irritating is that in a Simplify, Mathematica does not deconstruct
things like Joule or Pascal into base units to simplify things. I find
that I have to use a rule set that turns Joule->Kilogram Meter^2/Second.
It would be nice if this were automatic.