Re: Curl and Div problems

Hi,

how should Mathematica know, that your cartesian coordinates are named
x,y and z? This is one of the first things you can read in the tutorial

VectorAnalysis/tutorial/VectorAnalysis

so what about

In[1]:= Needs["VectorAnalysis`"]
Div[{x^2 y, x z, x^2 y^3}, Cartesian[x, y, z]]

Out[2]= 2 x y

Hope this helps,

Cheers
Patrick