Re: Solve fails with this simple inequality problem

A few observations:

1. Meter=Floor[Sqrt[19]+7] is not an equation, it's an assignment.  Meter==Floor[Sqrt[19]+7] is an equation, for which the solution is 11.

2. The solution to {Meter==11 && Meter < 6} is the empty set, so I think Mathematica is doing exactly what it should do.

3. I would avoid using a symbol called "Meter" because there's a good chance it'll conflict with some other use of the symbol

David