Re: log expression not simplified

I don't know why it doesn't work; however, you can force it with PowerExpand

Log[a/b]/Log[b/a] // PowerExpand // Simplify

-1

Bob Hanlon

---- Praeceptor <gianluca.cruciani at poste.it> wrote:

Sorry, can anybody help me understand why

Simplify[Log[a/b]/Log[b/a], Assumptions -> {a > 0, b > a}]

doesn't reduce to -1 ??
Thanks (it's for a simple Carnot cycle calculation...)!