Mathematica 8 browser plugin and Firefox 3/4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115711] Mathematica 8 browser plugin and Firefox 3/4
  • From: thinline <nmanole at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 05:24:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that the browser plugin which comes with Mathematica 8 works with either Firefox 3.6.x or 4 beta? I've only tried it with the latter and it seems to not work for me.

When I go to this demonstration, for example:
http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/IkedaDelayDifferentialEquation/
and click on the static image of the demo, a little popup offers to "download live version with active controls". Upon choosing this, I get the spinning wheel progress indicator and a "Loading" message, followed by a notebook graphic with "Loading file..." in the center of the browser. Nothing more happens after this point.

I don't have a 3.6 version of Firefox to try this on, but I have also tried it with the nightly Chrome and the behavior there is the same - i.e. it doesn't work. With IE 8, the demo does load as it should, but this doesn't tell me anything about where the fault lies (Firefox or Mathematica) as the interface to Mathematica in IE is not done through the same plugin, but rather an ActiveX control.

Cheers,
Adrian