cells touched in grid on move between cells

 What is the basic calculation or formula to calculate what cells are
passed through in a grid in a move between cells.

Say I am at x1,y2 and I want to move to x2,y2. I want to calculate all
the cell coordinates I have to pass through in that move. Sorry if my
math is a bit rusty, but offhand I am not sure what the formula is ..