Re: Converting XML DATEEVENT to Mathematica AbsoluteTime

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115868] Re: Converting XML DATEEVENT to Mathematica AbsoluteTime
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at cox.net>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 05:36:49 -0500 (EST)

In[1]:= ToDate[(40555.76528 - 2)*(60*60*24)]

Out[1]= {2011, 1, 12, 18, 22, 0.192}

Version 7 of Mathematica

This has been address in several different ways in this group.
See this thread

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_frm/thr
ead/78c88ae874b8492c/9ddbdcda03330fc1?hl=en&q=

I made a mistake then and used +2 instead of -2. I don't have access to my
email that I sent, but I think I would have use -2 not +2. But we know that
"=" get obfuscated sometimes.

Again to re-iterate the problem of DateSerial is a Lotus 1-2-3 problem that
Microsoft copied. But most people blame Microsoft for it. If you copy an
erroneous formula verbatim for the purposes of keeping the business market
share, then ...

Hans