Re: Help with old Mathematica file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119962] Re: Help with old Mathematica file
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 05:00:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

in line 26 and 27 you try to find a minimum of a function z and you are
starting at t=0 which is a maximum. There, the derivative is zero and
FindMinimum doesn't know where to walk.

Try setting

FindMinimum[z, {t, 0.01, 0, b trif}]

and don't try to adapt the programming style of this book, please.

Cheers
Patrick