Re: Numerical accuracy/precision - this is a bug or a feature?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120019] Re: Numerical accuracy/precision - this is a bug or a feature?
- From: "slawek" <slawek at host.pl>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 05:39:12 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
U=BFytkownik "Richard Fateman" <fateman at cs.berkeley.edu> napisa=B3 w wiadomo=B6ci grup dyskusyjnych:iuuko3$eqi$1 at smc.vnet.net... > 2.0 (indeed, any floating point number) is a perfectly respectable way > of denoting a number that can be expressed in higher precision by adding > binary zeros. WRI doesn't agree. Mathematica is very simple to use. Of course, it is the entire programming language, advanced concepts, etc. However it seems that in order to calculate 2 Sqrt is need no special knowledge nor special care. Nevertheless, it appears that although the language itself does not enforce this, calculations require very formal definitions of all variables. slawek