Re: Numerical accuracy/precision - this is a bug or a feature?

U=BFytkownik "Richard Fateman" <fateman at cs.berkeley.edu> napisa=B3 w wiadomo=B6ci
grup dyskusyjnych:iuuko3$eqi$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> 2.0  (indeed, any floating point number) is a perfectly respectable way
> of denoting a number that can be expressed in higher precision by adding
> binary zeros. WRI doesn't agree.

Mathematica is very simple to use. Of course, it is the entire programming
language, advanced concepts, etc. However it seems that in order to
calculate 2 Sqrt[2]  is need no special knowledge nor special care.

Nevertheless, it appears that although the language itself does not enforce
this, calculations require very formal definitions of all variables.

slawek