Re: Numerical accuracy/precision - this is a bug or a feature?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120062] Re: Numerical accuracy/precision - this is a bug or a feature?
- From: "slawek" <slawek at host.pl>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 07:31:49 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
U=BFytkownik "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu> napisa=B3 w wiadomo=B6ci grup dyskusyjnych:iv1a86$sji$1 at smc.vnet.net... > 2.0 is not an integer nor a rational, it is machine precision. On the > other hand 2 is an integer and exact. The decimal fraction 2.0 is in mathematics (the science) exactly the same as the sum 2 + 0/10 The convention that 2.0 is less accurate than 2.00 is applied ONLY in Mathematica (the computer program).