Re: derivative of matrix in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120149] Re: derivative of matrix in mathematica
  • From: "W. Craig Carter" <ccarter at mit.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 05:00:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Yashar,
Here is an example:
5x5 where each element is a function of t

fiveByfive = Array[matrixFuncs[#1, #2][t] &, {5, 5}]

The derivative of the matrix with respect to t
fiveByfive = Array[matrixFuncs[#1, #2][t] &, {5, 5}]

I am not sure what you are asking for with your third question, but perhaps this gives you a direction:

anotherfiveByfive = Array[otherFuncs[#1, #2][t] &, {5, 5}]
Table[fiveByfive[[i, j]] == anotherfiveByfive[[i, j]], {i, 5}, {j, 5}]