Re: Search and replace variable name with subscript
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120171] Re: Search and replace variable name with subscript
- From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 06:57:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: jfultz at wolfram.com
In version 8, it is possible to do this from the Find dialog itself by merely entering the subscript (or any other typesetting) into the Find dialog in exactly the way you would enter it into a notebook. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com User Interface Group Wolfram Research, Inc. On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 07:30:38 -0400 (EDT), mailcwc at gmail.com wrote: > Is it possible to search and replace word with subscript? > > For examples, in a notebook file, > > d_y =3; (* Subscript[d, y] in display form *) > > I want to change it to d_x =3; > > The build-in find function can't find d_y.