Re: Numerical accuracy/precision - this is a bug or a feature?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120186] Re: Numerical accuracy/precision - this is a bug or a feature?
- From: "slawek" <slawek at host.pl>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 06:58:40 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
U¿ytkownik "DrMajorBob" <btreat1 at austin.rr.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci grup dyskusyjnych:iv6hgo$sch$1 at smc.vnet.net... > Binary storage is not mathematically required, but the result is MUCH > faster code. Perhaps, at some point, we'll abandon this trade-off when > computers are so fast that the gain in speed isn't worth the confusion. > But that day isn't here, yet. BCD - Binary Coded Decimals.