Inverse of Interpolating Function?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120362] Inverse of Interpolating Function?
  • From: gonzorascal <djw22 at duke.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 06:31:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hello All,

I am working with an Interpolating Function of an oscillating solution (time series) to a differential equation.  I am trying to find the period and pulse width of the oscillation.  To do this I would like to have an inverse of my function y[t] (so I would have t[y]).  I realize this function would be multivalued (that's what I want to find the period).  I am not having success using Mathematica's InverseFunction[] or Reduce[] commands.  Does anyone have any experience or suggestions with this sort of thing (either finding Inverse Interpolating Functions or another method for period and pulse width)?  Thank you.

-GR