MathGroup Archive 2011

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: Using Plot3D; rotating the plot but, getting a different image after exporting.

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120368] Re: Using Plot3D; rotating the plot but, getting a different image after exporting.
  • From: "Hobbs, Sylvia (DPH)" <sylvia.hobbs at state.ma.us>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 06:32:56 -0400 (EDT)

Ditto that problem and it is not limited to 3D plots. I've had that problem with other rotated Mathematica graphics that I import as a jpg. I end up pasting the jpg into PowerPoint re-rotating it and saving it as the jpg I had hoped Mathematica would rotate. Any insight on Mathematica commands that fix this without bringing the graphic into other program would be great. If there isn't one, then maybe, just maybe this is a teeny weeny bug.

Sylvia Hobbs

Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:57 AM
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg120368] Using Plot3D; rotating the plot but, getting a different image after exporting.

Sometimes, when I build a plot using Plot3D (or similar 3D plotting program); rotate the plot on the Mathematica platform and then export it; the jpeg or png picture that I get after exporting the plot is different than the original image generated by Plot3D.  Is there any way to avoid this? Thank you for your help! - Gilmar Rodriguez Pierluissi

• Prev by Date: Re: Replace, test question
  • Next by Date: Possible Bug in Dates Supplied with FinancialData Function
  • Previous by thread: Re: Using Plot3D; rotating the plot but, getting a different image after exporting.
  • Next by thread: Transforming an expression to publication form