Warning: OS X Lion and compilation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120387] Warning: OS X Lion and compilation
- From: dr DanW <dmaxwarren at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 05:46:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica at googlegroups.com
I have not dug thoroughly into this yet, but I wanted to get the warning out quickly. Apparently, OS X Lion does not include the gcc compiler. I upgraded to Lion this morning, then on a lark tried to compile a function in Mathematica with CompilationTarget -> "C". I got an error that no compiler was found.
I am sure that it is only a matter of either obtaining a copy of gcc or Xcode (with its own c compiler, not gcc) and configuring Mathematica to use that compiler. I have not tried either, since I am not using anything but opcode compilation. If you are successful, please post instructions for others on this group.
Prev by Date:
FinancialData still broken
Next by Date:
Re: Total plot width
Previous by thread:
Re: FinancialData still broken
Next by thread:
Re: Warning: OS X Lion and compilation