Re: File directory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120536] Re: File directory
  • From: "Christoph Lhotka" <christoph.lhotka at univie.ac.at>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 07:53:14 -0400 (EDT)

thats easy, just use {$MachineName, NotebookDirectory[]} to get the name
of the computer and the absoulte file directory of the notebook in which
you type in the command.

best,

christoph

On 27/07/2011 12:14, E. Frauendorfer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am often working in two kernels with Mathematica Programs coming from
different directories also from different drives. After working some
time, I very
> often don't remember the origin of a particular open program.
>
> On opening a notebook the name of the program always appears on top of
> the notebook, but not the origin. In my latest installation of
Mathematica (8.01 on Win 7, 64 bit) I am no longer able to find the
origin of an open program.