Re: Is it possible to delete "context" from the list of loaded Contexts[]?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120623] Re: Is it possible to delete "context" from the list of loaded Contexts[]?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 07:26:59 -0400 (EDT)

On 7/29/11 at 8:02 AM, lehin.p at gmail.com (Alexey Popkov) wrote:

>We can remove all symbols in a particular context by using
>Remove["context`*"]. But is it possible to remove "context`" itself
>from the system so that it will no longer be listed in Contexts[]?

Yes. The simplest way to do this would be to load the package
CleanSlate before defining the context you want to remove. That
is doing:

<<Utilities`CleanSlate`

followed by

CleanSlate[]

will remove everything defined after CleanSlate was loaded. Or
if you just want to remove one context

CleanSlate["context`"]

will do that.

The file CleanSlate.m can be found at

ToFileName[{$InstallationDirectory,"AddOns","ExtraPackages","Utilities"}]

That file is well commented to describe how CleanSlate works. If
the functions provided aren't what you need, it should form a
good basis for creating your own solution.