Performance under Lion
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120628] Performance under Lion
- From: "McHale, Paul" <Paul.McHale at excelitas.com>
- Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 07:27:54 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
This is just a general observation that I was wondering if anyone else if having. Under Lion, I have a test that
1. Parses over 100,000 filenames and reduces them to a list of interested files
2. Reads over 100,000 files of interest and extracts critical data
3. Writes data out to Excel
Previous Snow Leopard could do this in under 10 minutes (very impressive). Upgrading to lion puts me in the under 15 minute category. Possible under 14 minutes. For obvious reasons, there is no need to post code as it didn't change. Anyone else having similar experiences?
Paul McHale | Electrical Engineer, Energetics Systems | Excelitas Technologies Corp.
Phone: +1 937.865.3004 | Fax: +1 937.865.5170 | Mobile: +1 937.371.2828
1100 Vanguard Blvd, Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-0312 USA
Paul.McHale at Excelitas.com<mailto:Paul.McHale at perkinelmer.com>
[cid:image001.png at 01CB9136.E3D96D90]
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
This email message and any attachments are confidential and proprietary to Excelitas Technologies Corp. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please inform the sender by replying to this email or sending a message to the sender and destroy the message and any attachments.
Prev by Date:
Re: Memory leak or flawed garbage collector
Next by Date:
Re: extra lines in framed plots?
Previous by thread:
Re: In Version 8, Combinatorial&GraphTheory functions confuse me completely
Next by thread:
Windows possible memory leak