ContourPlot ColorFunction Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119436] ContourPlot ColorFunction Question
  • From: Jody Sorensen <jodo11 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 04:37:00 -0400 (EDT)

I'm new to this list and possibly out of my depth, but I'd appreciate any help on this issue.

We are trying to plot an implicit function using ContourPlot and have the points on the curve colored based on the x and y values (which we call c and x) - specifically based on the value of the derivative.

We have tried things like the following without success, even though similar commands work with Plot:
ContourPlot[x^2+c = x, {c, -2, 2}, {x, -2, 2},
 ColorFunction -> (If[2 #1 > 1, Red, Green] &)]

Any suggestions or solutions would be great to hear!

Thanks!
Jody Sorensen