Re: Is there ToNumber?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg119628] Re: Is there ToNumber?
- From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 07:19:41 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <201106090945.FAA06238@smc.vnet.net>
- Reply-to: drmajorbob at yahoo.com
'Cuz you can't. Simple.
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 05:13:39 -0500, SigmundV <sigmundv at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had imagined that applying Real to the string would make it a
> number, e.g. Real@@"1.2", but it doesn't work:
> In:= Head[Real @@ "1.2"]
> Out= String
> Of course ToExpression works as intented:
> In:= Head[ToExpression@"1.2"]
> Out= Real
> Why can't I simply change the head of a string by using Apply?
DrMajorBob at yahoo.com
Prev by Date:
Diferent colors for two surfaces, problem with PLOTSTYLE
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
How to extract a pattern
Next by thread:
Re: plotting contours on a sphere [CORRECTION]