Re: Problem with Position

Hi Leonid,

Many thanks for your advise but I still have one problem

When I write to a file using WriteString[str, ToString[number]] it will
be written in OutputForm. Now I thought using your advice It should work
with Position[..., x_/;x==OutputForm[number]]
but unfortunately it doesn't
Am 15.06.2011 um 12:59 schrieb Leonid Shifrin:

> Hi Dominic,
>
> This is most likely a symbolic/numerical issue. Position is based on
symbolic rather than numeric comparisons.

<dominic.woerner at mpi-hd.mpg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to import data from a csv file. And I get a structure
data[[rows]]={first, second,...}.
> Now I want to find the rows in which, say the first entry has a
specific values.
> By just looking at the data there are for example entries with value
0.785398.
> But when I try Flatten@Position[data[[All,1]],0.785398] or with
ToString[0.785398] I just get {}