Re: Why doesn't TrueQ return True here?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg119758] Re: Why doesn't TrueQ return True here?
- From: oleksandr_rasputinov at hmamail.com
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:38:27 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I would expect TrueQ to return True, not False. Why does it return False? TrueQ returns True only for an explicitly True argument. That is, TrueQ = (# === True)& > And how can I test whether t2-t1 is positive? For known (or assumed) t1 and t2: TrueQ@Simplify@Positive[t2-t1] If either t1 or t2 is undefined, the above returns False. If this is not what you want, don't use TrueQ here.