Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg117348] Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 06:24:41 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
In article <ilnh9v$ob3$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Roman <rschmied at gmail.com> wrote: > AES, > mine is taking 18 seconds as well, and I have a MacBook as well. Maybe > a Mac hardware thing? Thanks for confirmation. For the record, I'm absolutely not pushing any agenda here -- just curious. Macs and Mathematica do many things so blazingly fast it's near unbelievable. And this seems like a relatively simple, smooth integral using only simple, smooth, commonplace functions. So why does evaluating it take so long?