specifying further options to NMinimize method when using NonlinearModelFit
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg117665] specifying further options to NMinimize method when using NonlinearModelFit
- From: Alex Gittens <swiftset at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 06:56:31 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica at googlegroups.com
I'm using NonlinearModelFit to fit a model with UnitStep statements in it, so my only option seems to be to use the NMinimize method (judging from the errors I get, all the other options seem to need symbolic gradient information). The results are poor, so I'd like to specify that NonlinearModelFit use NMinimize with the Differential Evolution method. How do I go about doing that?