GraphicsGrid. Can I change ItemAspectRatio for rows?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118698] GraphicsGrid. Can I change ItemAspectRatio for rows?
  • From: "Christopher O. Young" <cy56 at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 07:34:58 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to Mitch Murphy for pointing out that due to a bug, ItemAspectRatio
won't work with a list unless Spacings is also set to some integer value or
list of values.

I was able to get the grid laid out correctly following this advice.

GraphicsGrid[
 {
  {
   "Z-coordinate",
   "Radius"
   },
  {
   Slider[Dynamic[h], {-2, 2, 0.25}, Appearance -> "Labeled"],
   Slider[Dynamic[r], {0, 1, 0.25}, Appearance -> "Labeled"]
   },
  {
   Graphics[
    Locator[Dynamic[s]],
    PlotRange -> 2,
    Frame -> True,
    Axes -> True
    ],
   Dynamic[
    Graphics3D[
     Sphere[{s[[1]], s[[2]], h}, r],
     PlotRange -> 2,
     Axes -> True,
     AxesLabel -> {"x", "y", "z"}
     ]
    ]
   }
  },
 ItemAspectRatio -> {0.05, 0.05, 1},
 Dividers -> {All, {True, False, True, True}},
 Spacings -> {100, 10}
]