Re: Mathematica handling of on where it saves current open notebook (again)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118863] Re: Mathematica handling of on where it saves current open notebook (again)
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 06:28:47 -0400 (EDT)

I do believe this behavior is by design, and it's a design I like!

Whatever file you're working on, the current value of Directory[]
changes to that. To change it to something else, just use SetDirectory,
which you can of course combine with EvaluationNotebook, etc.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305