Coordinated movement of objects across a graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118920] Coordinated movement of objects across a graph
  • From: George Danner <george.danner at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 03:33:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All--

I am working on a project where I need to move objects which exist at edges along a network.  It sounds simple enough, but starts to get complicated when you actually try to put it in practice.  I feel like I am reinventing the wheel here.  Does anyone know of a good, easy way or previous paper about how to "flow" objects across a network where that network has constraints (say one node can only pass X objects per time interval, etc....)

Thanks,

George Danner
Business Laboratory LLC
george.danner at business-laboratory.com