Get["file.mx"] doesn't work

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118933] Get["file.mx"] doesn't work
  • From: Martin VavpotiÄ <martin.vavpotic at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:28:27 -0400 (EDT)

My computer broke. I installed Mathematica on a laptop and I wanted to
load the calculations I already made. I used the Get command and I got
this:

File Lensing_08_118_06_1e-3.mx cannot be loaded, it is corrupted or is
written on a different machine

Does this mean my backed up files are no good on a different computer?
Do I need to make those files all over again?