Re: Part isn't recursive?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119193] Re: Part isn't recursive?
  • From: "p.ramsden" <p.ramsden at imperial.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 05:59:32 -0400 (EDT)

I suspect there's no easy way to set the attribute Listable over only
some arguments, and that this goes quite deep into Mathematica's
design. (For Part to work as you'd like, you in effect need it be
Listable over all arguments except the first.)

Could be wrong though.

I don't think it's a huge problem; this sort of thing is why we have
Map...