CreateCellID

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119225] CreateCellID
  • From: Wolfgang Windsteiger <Wolfgang.Windsteiger at risc.jku.at>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 19:31:28 -0400 (EDT)

Dear group,

the CellOption "CellID" is still undocumented, thus unsafe whether it
will survive future design decisions.

Does anybody have a "feeling", how high the chances are that this very
useful feature might become documented and thus permanent?

The CellID is "unique", I assume "unique within one notebook" (at least,
this would sound reasonable for me). Or is it even "unique within all
open notebooks". Does anyone know how I should interpret "unique"?

Thank you,
WW.
--
Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Wolfgang Windsteiger