Controlling the scale of x-axis in ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119349] Controlling the scale of x-axis in ListPlot
  • From: "daniel.andersson at bwinparty.com" <daniel.andersson at bwinparty.com>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 07:48:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I need to plot two a vector {y_1,...,y_n} against a vector {x_1,...,x_n} and I want to the latter to be distributed with equal distances between the elements. Mathematica automatically scales the x-axis so that it is linear with respect to the x-values, i.e. if x={1,2,10}, then the distance between the second and third element will be eight times longer than the distance between the second and first element. I would like the distances to be of equal length.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Daniel