Re: How the GaussianMatrix is calculated in Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg122683] Re: How the GaussianMatrix is calculated in Mathematica?
- From: Silvia <wyelen at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 05:54:18 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica at googlegroups.com
according to the help, With the default option setting Method->"Bessel", GaussianMatrix[r] has elements proportional to Exp[-\[Sigma]^2] BesselI[x,\[Sigma]^2], yielding a kernel with optimal discrete convolution properties.