Strange Probability function behavior (Bug?)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122883] Strange Probability function behavior (Bug?)
  • From: Brentt <brenttnewman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 07:07:18 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

If I go to the Probability function  documentation, and evaluate a
probability function in the documentation notebook, the probability
function works as would be expected, for example:

In[0]:= Probability[x == 3, Distributed[x, PoissonDistribution[m]]]
> Out[0]= 1/6 E^-m m^3

So far so good.

But strangely, if I open up a new notebook and copy and paste the exact
expression from above into it, I get this

In[0]:= Probability[x == 3, Distributed[x, PoissonDistribution[m]]]
> Out[0]:= Probability[True, 3 \[Distributed] PoissonDistribution[m]]

What could possibly be happening here? Is this a bug?