Outputting Plots as Text

In the terminal Mathematica will output plots as ascii text, and it is
automatic in doing so. I was wondering if there was a way to have the
same output in the GUI version. I have checked documentation for plot
functions and the general help documents. I was just wondering if
anyone can across a similar quandary.

Thank you for all your help.