how to get string in sci. notation to a number?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg123251] how to get string in sci. notation to a number?
- From: "1.156" <rob at piovere.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 07:04:29 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
I've been able to get a text file with data into a list of strings
of the following form:
After many hours I've really gotten nowhere except that it's most
likely done with ToExpression which works fine with simple decimal
numbers in string form. Must I really split up the strings, suck out the
exponents, and then multiply them out to be able to use these numbers in
Any hints would be appreciated.
Sent from my plain desktop PC.
Prev by Date:
How to simplify ArcSin formula
Next by Date:
Re: Domain of a function
Previous by thread:
Re: How to simplify ArcSin formula
Next by thread:
Re: how to get string in sci. notation to a number?