A variable defaulting to a previous variable?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121920] A variable defaulting to a previous variable?
- From: Brentt <brenttnewman at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 04:25:54 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
How would one go about making a variable default to a previous variable?
I would like results like this:
In= f[x_, y_: x] := x+y;
> In= f[2,3]
> Out= 5
> In= f
> Out= 6
But, of course, Mathematica won't let me use a previous argument for the
default of the next argument. Is there a way to do this?
Prev by Date:
Re: can't find info about & /@ %
Next by Date:
How to simplify a finite sum plus the next element?
Previous by thread:
Re: How to use PDF for function definition?
Next by thread:
Re: A variable defaulting to a previous variable?