Re: can't find info about & /@ %

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121916] Re: can't find info about & /@ %
  • From: Barrie Stokes <Barrie.Stokes at newcastle.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 04:25:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Rich

In the spirit of "Give a man a fish, feed him for day, teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime", it would be interesting if you could first tell us, when you say "... i've looked everywhere ... ", just where and how you have looked.

Many of us feel that the built-in Help for Mathematica is extensive and thorough.

BTW, you will get 10,000 replies to your query, because any experienced Mathematican knows the use of these "shortcuts".

I think your question - as I am clearly trying to make it - is a good opportunity to tell a lot of folk where and how to find the answers to question like yours.

You may be (I can't tell) too young to know what the acronym RTFM stands for, but it comes to mind of folk of a certain age, seeing a question like this.

You will almost certainly will want to eat another Mathematica fish tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see how many respondents simply give you a fish, and how many try to teach you to fish.

Best regards

Barrie