Re: Baffled by notebook history

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121983] Re: Baffled by notebook history
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 05:32:08 -0400 (EDT)

The notebook History feature can get quite bogged down when there are
many cells in a notebook.  It is really only somewhat useful.  This is
mainly because it is processing the entire notebook history via a
Dynamic....

There was a NotebookDiff function in the AuthorTools package.  The
AuthorTools package is still shipped in Mathematica, but it is rather
old and is not exposed by default.

However execute

Needs["AuthorTools`"]

and you will get access to the NotenookDiff funciton.  To see all the
functions in AuthorTools you can now execute

?AuthorTools`*`*

Of course, since AuthorTooks is quite old, various things in it may
not work as well (or at all) in M8 as they did in M5.

Hope this helps,

David