Re: Baffled by notebook history

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg121983] Re: Baffled by notebook history
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 05:32:08 -0400 (EDT)

The notebook History feature can get quite bogged down when there are
many cells in a notebook.  It is really only somewhat useful.  This is
mainly because it is processing the entire notebook history via a

There was a NotebookDiff function in the AuthorTools package.  The
AuthorTools package is still shipped in Mathematica, but it is rather
old and is not exposed by default.

However execute

and you will get access to the NotenookDiff funciton.  To see all the
functions in AuthorTools you can now execute

Of course, since AuthorTooks is quite old, various things in it may
not work as well (or at all) in M8 as they did in M5.

Hope this helps,