Re: FFT Speed

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122052] Re: FFT Speed
  • From: to <todummy at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 04:22:48 -0400 (EDT)

Daniel,

Thank you for the suggestion to implement the definition of FFT
myself.  The way mathematica works behind the scene still remains a
mystery to me.  The 3D array was stored as a packed array in my
original code, so I expected that this would suppress any type
checking mathematica might do before processing and hence limit the
overhead.

Regards,

Peter