Localizing $Assumptions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122112] Localizing $Assumptions
  • From: Sebastian Hofer <sebhofer at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 05:54:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi group,

what's the best way to localize $Assumptions in a Module to prevent Solve,
Simplify,... from using the global value? Using Block instead of Module would of course solve the problem, but I would like to stick to Module to avoid naming conflicts with the input. For now I'm using a Block inside the Module, but isn't there a better way?

TIA
Sebastian