TIFF file tags

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122190] TIFF file tags
  • From: to <todummy at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 07:42:23 -0400 (EDT)

When I run an identical code to export a tiff file on a windows
platform or linux platform, the value of the PLANARCONFIG tag  in the
tiff file is different. On the windows platform it has a value of 1
(as it should have) but on Linux it has a value of 2.  My
understanding was that this value could be controlled using the option
"color separation" when exporting tiff files, and by default it is
False.  I also tried setting it explicitly to False, but the tiff tag
value remains 2.

Is my understanding of the "color separation" option correct or should
I use another way to forced the value of the PLANARCONFIG tag to 1 ?

Peter